After the crazy adventures at Freaqshow, the Q-dance team is already back at full speed. Now that we're focussing on the New Year, we would like to take a moment to turn to all of you, our dedicated visitors.
2012 was one for the books. We’ve shared beautiful, and sometimes even magical, moments with you. One moment that truly stood out to us, was the Friday of this year’s Defqon.1 Festival in the Netherlands. It highlighted something that has become a defining characteristic of the Q-dance crowd. While the Q-dance team was still working on the final preparations for “The Gathering”, the gates to the RED stage opened. Thousand of hard dance lovers started to run to the front of the stage shouting with happiness. You were full of energy and enthusiasm… and it’s these moments that make the audience, DJs and organization become one, as we are all in this together.
After 20 years of going strong, it’s hard to imagine Dutch events without the harder styles of dance music being present. It’s part of our DNA, and just like DNA, it evolves over time. Hardstyle is going abroad, and under the Q-dance flag, it shall bring people together in Chile, Australia and the United States. It’s an amazing development and we want to share this with you! This is why, from this point forward, all Q-dance events outside of Europe will be free for all hardstyle loving Dutch citizens. We do however ask a small fee that goes to supporting local charities. So this is the call to all globe travelling Dutchies to hitch on to our overseas adventures, because you will surely want to be a part of this!
Q-dance in 2013
Music is always something personal, and because of this, we think it’s important that you know what Q-dance will be all about in 2013.
- will focus on the raw side of hardstyle. Besides including acts like Adaro and B-front, other acts such as the Noisecontrollers will be speeding up the tempo. The event will have three areas filled with kick-ass raw hardstyle (watch trailer here
). Ticket sales start this Saturday, January 19th, only at Q-dance.com
- the new festival at the Sydney International Dragway in Australia, will bring one stage packed with the leading international acts and local heroes. Aussies – here we come again! Take a look at the lineup on our website
- the ultimate clubbing party at the WesterUnie, continues to make headlines with a solid mix of electro, techno and hard dance. Broaden your horizons and taste the atmosphere and sound of QULT. The next edition will take place the 2nd of February.
- known as the festival for the die-hards and hard dance lovers. Not only does it have two large stages playing the summer’s best hardstyle, it has stages playing host to tougher sounds that are scattered across an abandoned military base. In the bunkers you can discover some of the leading sounds of the underground. Hardcore, crossbreed, dubstep and hard techno, it can never be crazy enough.
- an event all about the future of hardcore. A party that breaks and shifts the boundaries of the genre beloved by so many dedicated hard-heads out there. QORE 3.0 will be returning to a new, more suitable, location. We challenge you to visit the next edition, and see what can be.
- once again Q-dance will bring out everything we have to make this year’s edition of Qlimax another amazing event, driven by both the music and show. Only the biggest names of the harder styles will perform.
- will continue to be the largest hardcore festival in the world. There is even hope that Art of Dance and Q-dance will launch a new hardcore party in the Heineken Music Hall this fall.
Defqon.1 Festival 2013
Last but certainly least, Defqon.1 Festival 2013. Last year we had an amazing weekend together with 20,000 Q-dancers setting up tent in the camping area. The atmosphere of the pre-party was indescribable, and together we came together at the RED to create a moment of pure magic. We do what it takes to make sure that Defqon.1 stays the leading festival in the Netherlands.
Because so many of you are working on scheduling your holidays and vacation, we would like to announce that Defqon.1 will take place the weekend of June 22nd, so make sure to mark your calendars. Q-dance is always tries to make the Defqon.1 weekend party more accessible, and this includes the people that felt last year’s edition was too expensive. This year we’re offering you a complete weekend ticket for just 95 euros that will give you access to two days of the festival, a pre-party and an awesome spot on the Defqon.1 campsite. This will be a complete hard dance holiday! If you only want to enjoy Defqon.1 on Saturday, it’s also possible to purchase a day ticket for 70 euros. The tickets for Defqon.1 Festival will start on Saturday April 6th at 1PM (CET). More information will be released in March.
We would like to thank you for your trust and devotion. In 2013 we hope to see you again, and for those joining us at X-Qlusive Wildstylez this Saturday, we will see you there!
PS: Check out the official Q-dance video overview of the year 2012 and relive your favorite moments.